As you may already know, at Jouvence, we love thematics! We would like to offer you our secret recipe,so you can create, at home, with your kids, your own thematic event!
Plan a brainstorm – It’s time for you, as a family to list all the thematic ideas you have in your heads! Vote or have a draw to select a final choice.
Create a logo – Activate your creative brains to design a logo. The artistic creation (a drawing or 3 dimensional, why not!) can be common (1 for the theme) or can be multiple (1 logo per person).
Decorate your home – Totems, cabin in your living room, garlands… any decors aligned with your theme can be developed!
Create your characters – Each person must be a character and have a role in your story. Make your characters alive from 10 a.m. to noon for example. The magic will happen if you:
- Wear a costume with accessories found in your own home.
- Find an original name for each character.
- Speak with an accent.
Time to play! – The theme now lives in your home. With the synergies createdwith the logo, decor and characters, you can now plan activities. Here is a non-exhaustive list of suggestions to adapt to your theme:
- Create a play
- Organise a treasure hunt
- Make plasticine
- Tell a story
- Bake cookies
- Make a flag
- Play hide and seek (bring your characters to life!)
- Solve riddles
- Play tic-tac-toe (replace the Xs and Os with thematic items)
- Makeup a song witha familiar tune
- Tell a relay story (one person begins a sentence and the next follows it and so on)
- Embellish your pavement with chalk
- Prepare a meal
- Develop activities that build on different learnings (gap dictation, thematic calculations, etc.)
- Watch a movie (a well deserved rest!)
The ultimate trick to make your thematic week a success? Adapt the proposed recipe to your reality! For example:
- Number of thematic days
- Number of activities
- Number of themes
We wish you a wonderful time with your family!