Cabin closed temporarily
An ideal spot to discover nature
In perfect harmony with Jouvence’s mission, which is above all to “encourage the discovery of nature,” the Sarracénie is a small cabin located in Parc national du Mont-Orford. Just 1.2 km from Jouvence’s reception centre, this beautiful site faces Castorie Pond, where you can admire the amazing work of the resident beavers.
The Sarracénie cabin was remodelled in 2009. It has a large open area including a living room, wood stove and dining room, and a mezzanine. It can comfortably accommodate four to eight people, and is available year round.
With no modern conveniences such as electricity, telephone, or the Internet, this charming cabin immerses you in nature. Just a 30-minute walk (15 for the quick-footed!) will get you there on foot, cross-country skis, or snowshoes, depending on the season.
Upon your arrival at Jouvence, our staff will be pleased to answer all of your questions before you head out to the site. We want your nature experience to be memorable, and therefore recommend that you bring the following:
- A backpack for your personal items;
- Good boots, suitable to the season – warm and waterproof;
- Good warm, waterproof clothing;
- Changes of clothing, especially socks;
- Tuque, mittens, scarf in fall and winter (also strongly recommended in the spring);
- A pair of running shoes, for indoor use;
- A sleeping bag, sheet, and pillowcase, for a comfortable sleep;
- Your toiletries; and
- A flashlight;
- A cell phone.
Meals are not included in stays at the Sarracénie. Bring your own food and all necessary cooking utensils, pots and pans, etc. There is a gas stove onsite.
- 2 x 18 litres of drinking water;
- Mattress about 3 cm thick;
- Gas stove (propane included);
- Wood stove (wood included);
- Plastic tank for washing dishes.